- adj. 牧歌的；牧羊的；乡下风味的
- n. 田园诗；农夫
词根bu, 牛，同bovine. 词根col, 转，耕作，同agriculture, 农耕，农业文化。
- bucolic (adj.)
- 1610s, earlier bucolical (1520s), from Latin bucolicus, from Greek boukolikos "pastoral, rustic," from boukolos "cowherd, herdsman," from bous "cow" (see cow (n.)) + -kolos "tending," related to Latin colere "to till (the ground), cultivate, dwell, inhabit" (the root of colony). Middle Irish búachaill, Welsh bugail "shepherd" are Celtic words form from the same root material as Greek boukolos.
- 1. Bucolic, conservative stuff, but nice and solid.
- 这是农村风味的保守的作品, 但是很好,很扎实.
来自英汉文学 - 廊桥遗梦
- 2. He managed to transform the bucolic of butterflies into a dangerous sport.
- 3. Best though it was, his suIt'smacked of cheap tailoring and bucolic unfashionableness.
- 4. The meadow was the scene of bucolic gaiety.
- 5. It is a bucolic refuge in the midst of a great bustling city.
[ bucolic 造句 ]