- vt. 煽动，教唆；支持
- n. (Abet)人名；(意)阿贝特；(匈)奥拜特
1. 【记】源自bait 饵, 以饵引诱；a + bet 赌博，赌博开始都是教唆的.
- abet: see bait
- abet (v.)
- late 14c. (implied in abetting), from Old French abeter "to bait, to harass with dogs," literally "to cause to bite," from a- "to" (see ad-) + beter "to bait," from Frankish or some other Germanic source, perhaps Low Franconian betan "incite," or Old Norse beita "cause to bite," from Proto-Germanic *baitjan, from PIE root *bheid- "to split" (see fissure). Related: Abetted; abetting.
- 1. We shall strike hard, without flinching, at terrorists and those who abet them.
- 2. Do not abet your friend to pry into other people's privacy.
- 3. Be do grateful to those who rebuke you, because they abet your wisdom!
- 一定要感激那些斥责你的人, 因为他们助长了你的智慧!
- 4. Absence of abet from colleagues in your work.
- 5. Allegedly, backside abet is enigmatic general Beijing president.
- 据说, 背后主使乃是高深莫测的普京总统.
[ abet 造句 ]