1. akin to child.
2. child => colt.
3. child => colt: 这两兄弟是同源词，不管你信不信或者觉得有多不可思议，这就是事实，因此 colt 就是 child 的变体而产生的含义分化。类似的如：chill, cool => cold. cool <==> cool.
- colt (n.)
- Old English colt "colt," originally "young ass," in Biblical translations also used for "young camel," perhaps from Proto-Germanic *kultaz (cognates: Swedish dialectal kult "young boar, piglet; boy," Danish kuld "offspring, brood") and akin to child. Applied to persons from early 13c.
COLT'S TOOTH An old fellow who marries, or keeps a young girl, is ſaid to have a colt's tooth in his head. ["Classical Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue," 1796]
- Colt (n.)
- type of revolver, 1838, originally the manufacture of U.S. gunsmith Samuel Colt (1814-1862).
- 1. And there are Colt, Gisela, Pi - Ku, Weiroot and so on in other countries.
- 国外的有Colt 、 Gisela系列 、 PiKu系列 、 Weiroot系列等.
- 2. The experiment was conducted with the soft cuttings of purureus, cherry colt and pomegranate.
- 本文以三种植物:樱桃砧木Colt、石榴 、 美国红栌的嫩枝为材料.
- 3. She bought him as a £1,000 colt of six months and schooled him.
- 4. The little colt shied at the fence and refused to jump over it.
- 5. He warn't any more responsible than a colt.
来自英汉文学 - 汤姆历险
[ colt 造句 ]