- n. [脊椎] 长臂猿
- n. (Gibbon)人名；(英、葡、匈、塞、巴基)吉本
1. g- => great => 长。
2. -bon => 谐音“臂”。
3. => 长臂猿.
4. gib- (big => gib-) + -bon (谐音“臂”) => gibbon.
- gibbon (n.)
- long-armed ape of the East Indies, 1770, from French gibbon (18c.), supposedly from a word in the French colonies of India but not found in any language there. Brought to Europe by Marquis Joseph-François Dupleix (1697-1763), French governor general in India 1742-54. The surname is Old French Giboin, from Frankish *Geba-win "gift-friend," or in some cases a diminutive of Gibb, itself a familiar form of Gilbert.
- 1. Gibbon, however, is of opinion that theirs was a valid marriage.
- 但是, 据吉本看来,这二人的婚姻是经过正当手续的.
- 2. I was still the slave of education and prejudice ( Edward Gibbon )
- 我受教育和偏见的影响还是很深 ( 爱德华吉本 )
- 3. Churches and altars were polluted by atrocious murders ( Edward Gibbon )
- 教堂和圣坛被凶残的谋杀亵渎了 ( 爱德华吉本 )
- 4. Gibbon adapted to the forest with its long lithe arms.
- 5. Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon is a testing version.
[ gibbon 造句 ]