英 ['skɒləp; 'skæləp]
- n. 扇贝，干贝
- vt. 使成扇形
- vi. 拾扇贝
来自古法语 escalope,贝壳，词源同 shell.
- scallop (n.)
- "bivalve mollusk," c. 1400, from Old French escalope "shell (of a nut), carpace," variant of eschalope, probably from a Germanic source (compare Old Norse skalpr "sheath," Middle Dutch schelpe "shell"); see scale (n.1). The shells of the larger species have been used as domestic utensils. Extended 17c. to objects shaped like scallop shells, especially in design and dress. The verb in the cookery sense, "to bake with sauce in a scallop shell-shaped pan," is attested from 1737. Related: Scalloped; scalloping.
- 1. According to the latest Scallop Poll , fear of sharks is at an all - time high.
- 根据最近的鹦鹉螺的记载, 鲨鱼的威胁无时不在.
- 2. Wash scallop and soak in water for 2 hours . Tear into shreds.
- 3. Species identification for scallop is mostly based on morphological characters.
- 4. Pan - Fried King Prawn with Scallop , Mash Potato, Mix Salad, Thai Chili Sauce.
- 香煎蒜茸大明虾,焗澳带, 配土豆泥, 混合沙拉, 泰式辣味汁.
- 5. The rays in turn decimated the bay scallop populations around North Carolina.
[ scallop 造句 ]