- vi. 分散，散开；散射
- vt. 使散射；使散开，使分散；使散播，使撒播
- n. 分散；散播，撒播
CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
来自中古英语 scateren,分散，散开，可能最终来自 PIE*sek,砍，切，削，词源同 segment,dissect.
- scatter:  Scatter originally meant ‘squander’, and appears to have started life as an alteration of shatter. It first appears in northern and Scottish texts, and so the change from /sh/ to /sk/ is probably due to Norse influence. The origins of shatter  itself are not known.
- scatter (v.)
- mid-12c. (transitive), possibly a northern English variant of Middle English schateren (see shatter), reflecting Norse influence. Intransitive sense from early 15c. Related: Scattered; scattering. As a noun from 1640s.
- 1. Scatter the tomato over, then dress the salad.
- 2. Scatter the grass seed over the lawn.
- 3. When the tree falls, the monkeys scatter.
- “树倒猴狲散. ”
- 4. Don't scatter garbage all over the place.
- 5. The white clouds mass and scatter.
[ scatter 造句 ]