- vt. 榨取（果汁等）；扩展；挖
- n. 令（纸张的计数单位）；大量
- n. (Ream)人名；(英)里姆
来自古英语 ream,来自 Proto-Germanic*raumoz,奶油，词源同 ramekin.
- ream: English has two distinct words ream. The one denoting an amount of paper  comes via Old French remme from Arabic risma ‘bundle’, a derivative of the verb rasama ‘collect into a bundle’. Ream ‘make or enlarge a hole’  may be the same word as Middle English reme ‘open up, make room’, which goes back to Old English ryman ‘widen’, a derivative of the same base as English room.
- ream (n.1)
- measure of paper, mid-14c., from Old French reyme, from Spanish resma, from Arabic rizmah "bundle" (of paper), from rasama "collect into a bundle." The Moors brought manufacture of cotton paper to Spain.
Early variant rym (late 15c.) suggests a Dutch influence (compare Dutch riem), probably borrowed from Spanish during the time of Hapsburg control of Holland. For ordinary writing paper, 20 quires of 24 sheets each, or 480 sheets; often 500 or more to allow for waste; slightly different numbers for drawing or printing paper.
- ream (v.)
- "to enlarge a hole," 1815, probably a southwest England dialectal survival from Middle English reme "to make room, open up," from Old English ryman "widen, extend, enlarge," from Proto-Germanic *rumijan (cognates: Old Saxon rumian, Old Norse ryma, Old Frisian rema, Old High German rumen "to make room, widen"), from *rumaz "spacious" (see room (n.)). Slang meaning "to cheat, swindle" first recorded 1914; anal sex sense is from 1942. To ream (someone) out "scold, reprimand" is recorded from 1950.
- ream (n.2)
- "cream" (obsolete), Old English ream, from Proto-Germanic *raumoz (cognates: Middle Dutch and Dutch room, German Rahm), of uncertain origin.
- 1. Injured cell ream of repair and maintenance cell rebirth.
- 2. Change its narrative tactics . give it more free choice ream.
- 3. Ream: Five hundred sheets of paper in a pack.
- 拈: 一包五百张的纸.
- 4. Higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to ream.
- 5. Regulate the allergy, flush, have fever the phenomenon, ream cell rebirth Reorganization.
- 调节过敏 、 发红 、 发热现象, 令细胞再生重组.
[ ream 造句 ]