- vt. 查明；精确地找到；准确描述
- adj. 精确的；详尽的
- n. 针尖；精确位置；极小之物
CET6+ TEM8 IELTS GRE TOEFL
1. pin + point.
2. => also pin-point, "point of a pin".
- pinpoint (n.)
- also pin-point, "point of a pin," 1849, from pin (n.) + point (n.). Taken into aeronautics in sense "place identified from the air," hence verb meaning "locate precisely" (1917), which originally was aviators' slang. Related: Pinpointed; pinpointing. As an adjective, "performed with precisional accuracy," 1944, originally of aerial bombing.
- 1. He was able to pinpoint on the map the site of the medieval village.
- 2. There is only a pinpoint of light in the cave.
- 3. These missles can be fired with pinpoint accuracy.
- 4. Objective To discuss the application of CT fluoroscopy and Pinpoint guided percutaneous transthoracic biopsy in thorax.
- 5. It was almost impossible to pinpoint the cause of death.
[ pinpoint 造句 ]