- vi. 失败；放弃；考试不及格
- vt. 使…不及格
- n. 不及格；失败
1. Alteration of funk, or perhaps a blend of flinch and funk.
2. fail + lunk (笨蛋) => flunk: 总是失败的笨蛋，笨蛋当然总是失败了，不失败就不正常了。
3. loon => lunk (谐音“懒客”).
5. fail + lunk- (谐音“难课”) => flunk：这门很难的课程考失败了。
- flunk (v.)
- 1823, American English college slang, original meaning "to back out, give up, fail," of obscure origin, traditionally said to be an alteration of British university slang funk "to be frightened, shrink from" (see funk (n.1)). Meaning "cause to fail, give a failing mark to" is from 1843. Related: Flunked; flunking.
- 1. He didn't flunk out, but his record isn't so hot.
- 他没有不及格, 但成绩很一般.
- 2. Of course there are some who flunk this life too commonplace to be worthwhile.
来自汉英文学 - 中国现代小说
- 3. Because of the laziness, the boy was flunk in the exam.
- 由于懒惰, 这男孩考试不及格.
- 4. Mr Romney's fans are typically people who did not flunk algebra.
- 5. If flunk out I can always transfer to Engineering.
[ flunk 造句 ]