- vi. 抽鼻涕；抽噎（等于snuffle）
- n. 鼻塞声；不断的吸鼻子（等于snuffle）
1. frequentative form of sniff.
3. sniffle <===> snivel.
4. *sn- "something related to nose".
- sniffle (v.)
- 1819, frequentative form of sniff (v.). Related: Sniffled; sniffling. The sniffles "runny nose, head cold" is recorded from 1825. Sniffly (1897) tends to refer to physical symptoms, while sniffy (1858) means "scornful, disdainful and disagreeable." Snuffy "annoyed" is from 1670s.
- 1. "Please don't yell at me." She began to sniffle.
- 2. She tried to sniff contemptuously, but succeeded in producing only a sniffle.
- 她想用鼻子轻蔑地哼上一声,可是不成, 只发出一声鼻音.
- 3. Linda cry all day and sniffle audibly around the corner.
- 4. Life is made up of sob, sniffle, and smile, with sniffle predominating.
- 人生是以哭 、 泣 、 笑三者构成的, 尤以泣为最.
- 5. The lack of air in the room makes everyone sniffle.
[ sniffle 造句 ]