CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
1、solid- + -arity(-ary与-ity的复合后缀).
- solidarity (n.)
- 1829, from French solidarité "communion of interests and responsibilities, mutual responsibility," a coinage of the "Encyclopédie" (1765), from solidaire "interdependent, complete, entire," from solide (see solid (adj.)). With a capital S-, the name of an independent trade union movement in Poland, formed September 1980, from Polish Solidarność.
- 1. Supporters want to march tomorrow to show solidarity with their leaders.
- 2. Drivers honked their horns in solidarity with the peace marchers.
- 3. There was a degree of solidarity and sisterhood among the women.
- 4. He voiced his solidarity with the weak and defenceless.
- 5. The solidarity among China's various nationalities is as firm as a rock.
[ solidarity 造句 ]