- ocarina:  The ocarina, a primitive sort of musical instrument played by blowing, gets its name from a supposed resemblance to a goose (it is shaped like an elongated egg, with a neck-like mouthpiece). Italian ocarina means literally ‘little goose’. It is a diminutive form of oca ‘goose’, which in turn goes back to Latin auca, a derivative of avis ‘bird’.
- ocarina (n.)
- 1877, from Italian ocarina, diminutive of oca "goose" (so called for its shape), from Vulgar Latin *auca, from Latin avicula "small bird," diminutive of avis "bird" (see aviary).
- 1. Ocarina products are all manufactured in China, but we confidently guarantee that quality is Japanese standard.
- Ocarina产品都是中国制造的, 但我们有信心地保证质量是日本标准.
- 2. Larger air window of Ocarina will increase the frequency of basic sound.
- 3. The larger the air chamber of Ocarina is, the basic sound has lower pitch.
- 陶笛的共鸣气腔越大, 其基本音就越低.
[ ocarina 造句 ]