- n. 夹板；薄木条；薄金属片
- vt. 用夹板固定
- n. (Splint)人名；(德)施普林特；(英)斯普林特
1. split => splint.
2. => "thin piece of iron". => "plate of armor".
3. => slender flexible slip of wood.
可能来自中古低地德语 splinte,薄铁板，铁片，来自 PIE*splei,分开，来自 PIE*spel,分开，劈 开，词源同 spill,split,flint.原指盔甲的交叠的铁片，后引申词义夹板。
- splint (n.)
- c. 1300, "overlapping plate or strip in armor" (made of metal splints), probably from Middle Low German splinte, splente "thin piece of iron," related to Middle Dutch splinte "splint," probably literally "thin piece cut off," and from a Germanic offshoot of PIE *(s)plei- "to split, splice" (see flint). Cognate with Danish splint "splinter," Swedish splint "wooden peg, wedge." Meaning "slender, flexible slip of wood" is recorded from early 14c.; specific surgical sense is attested from c. 1400.
- 1. She wore a metal splint on one leg.
- 2. With an annual output of plastic hangers , racks splint number 10000000.
- 年产塑料衣架 、 夹板衣架数千万只.
- 3. Product has wood door luxury, composite door, door splint.
- 产品有实木豪华门 、 复合门 、 夹板门.
- 4. A book for all book complete, work holders by a splint.
- 一本书的所有书贴配齐之后, 就由一个夹板夹紧.
- 5. Should adjust the spacing so that the splint splint can clamp back.
[ splint 造句 ]