1、im- "not, opposite of" => "这里引申为：free from, exempt from" + mun- + -ity.
2、字面含义：free from or exempt from public service or duty, exempt from service or obligation. 也就是不用做公共服务，免除了公共服务。
- immunity (n.)
- late 14c., "exempt from service or obligation," from Old French immunité and directly from Latin immunitatem (nominative immunitas) "exemption from performing public service or charge," from immunis "exempt, free," from assimilated form of in- "not, opposite of" (see in- (1)) + munis "performing services" (compare municipal), from PIE *moi-n-es-, suffixed form of root *mei- (1) "to change" (see mutable). Medical sense "protection from disease" is 1879, from French or German.
- 1. The embassy official claimed diplomatic immunity and was later released.
- 2. Because of the immunity of the immature insects, it'simportant to spray regularly.
- 3. The police are offering immunity to witnesses.
- 4. The vaccine provides longer immunity against flu.
- 5. A strong immunity to reinfection develops after one year.
[ immunity 造句 ]