- n. 因素；要素；[物] 因数；代理人
- vi. 做代理商
- vt. 把…作为因素计入；代理经营；把…分解成
- n. (Factor)人名；(英)法克特
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
来自词根fact, 做，词源同fact,effect. 即做事情的必要条件，因素，要素等。
- factor (n.)
- early 15c., "commercial agent, deputy, one who buys or sells for another," from Middle French facteur "agent, representative" (Old French factor, faitor "doer, author, creator"), from Latin factor "doer, maker, performer," in Medieval Latin, "agent," agent noun from past participle stem of facere "to do" (see factitious). In commerce, especially "a commission merchant." Mathematical sense is from 1670s. Sense of "circumstance producing a result" is attested by 1816, from the mathematical sense.
- factor (v.)
- 1610s, "act as an agent, manage," from factor (n.). The use in mathematics is attested from 1837. Related: Factored; factoring.
- 1. Stress, both human and mechanical, may also be a contributing factor.
- 2. Environmentalists say a critical factor in the city's pollution is its population.
- 3. This factor will come increasingly to the fore as election day nears.
- 4. Obesity is a major risk factor in many diseases.
- 5. A key factor in running a business is the delegation of responsibility.
[ factor 造句 ]