con-, 强调。-dom, 管理，控制，词源同domineer, domesticate. 即共管区域。
- condominium (n.)
- c. 1714, "joint rule or sovereignty," from Modern Latin condominium "joint sovereignty," apparently coined in German c. 1700 from Latin com- "together" (see com-) + dominum "right of ownership" (see domain). A word in politics and international law until sense of "privately owned apartment" arose in American English 1962 as a special use of the legal term.
- 1. The allies would fear that they were pawns in a superpower condominium.
- 2. I did a story on the condominium dweller's revolt at Golden sands.
- 3. Policies on condo repairs are specified by condominium bylaws.
- 4. The site of the condominium is enclosed with stakes.
- 5. Houses are just too expensive! We've decided to buy a condominium.
- 独栋房子太贵了! 我们还是决定买公寓.
[ condominium 造句 ]