1. dab => dabble: 不断地用手拍水 => 玩儿水、戏水。
- dabble (v.)
- 1550s, probably a frequentative of dab. Original meaning was "wet by splashing;" modern figurative sense of "do superficially" first recorded 1620s. Related: Dabbled; dabbling. An Ellen Dablewife is in the Lancashire Inquests from 1336.
- 1. Magicians do not dabble, they work hard.
- 2. They dabble in the stock market.
- 3. Never dabble with things of which you have no knowledge.
- 4. Lenovo is not the first Chinese enterprise to dabble in F 1 racing.
- 5. I'd like to go dabble in ( at ) politics.
- 我愿意 涉足 政治.
[ dabble 造句 ]