- n. 谷物（尤指磨成粉用或已磨成粉的谷物）；酿造用的碎麦芽
- n. (Grist)人名；(德)格里斯特
词源同grit, grind. 指磨的碎麦。常用于短语all grist to sb’s mill, 对某人有用之物。
- grist: see grind
- grist (n.)
- Old English grist "action of grinding; grain to be ground," perhaps related to grindan "to grind" (see grind (v.)), though OED calls this connection "difficult." Meaning "wheat which is to be ground" is early 15c., as is the figurative extension from this sense.
- 1. A local filename is optionally qualified with grist, a string value used to assure uniqueness.
- 一个本地的文件名可以带有grist, 即一个用于确保唯一性的字符串值.
- 2. All is grist that comes to his mill.
- 3. This item, commonplace enough in the usual grist of summer accidents, interested Clyde only slightly.
- 这段新闻在夏天经常发生的事故当中, 是一件很普通的新闻, 克莱德并不怎么注意.
- 4. I never refuse odd jobs to supplement my income it's all grist to the mill.
- 5. McCormick began to make his famous reaper in a grist mill.
[ grist 造句 ]