- n. [建] 曲头钉；角钉
- vt. 用无头钉固定
- n. (Brad)人名；(英、罗)布拉德
来自PIE *bhars, 刺。词源同bur, bristle.
- brad (n.)
- "small wire nail," late 13c., brod, from Old Norse broddr "spike, point, arrow," from Proto-Germanic *brozda- (cognates: Old English brord "point, prick, blade of grass," Old High German brort "point, edge, crown"), from PIE *bhrs-dh-, from root *bhars- "projectile, point, bristle" (see bristle (n.)).
- 1. Sandy leaned across the table, his face uncomfortably close to Brad's.
- 2. "You look in a bad way," chuckled Brad.
- 3. He is seeded second, behind Brad Beven.
- 4. I used to pal around with Brad.
- 5. "You can join us if you like." Brad shook his head. "I'll pass, thanks."
[ brad 造句 ]