英 [ʌm'bɪlɪkəs; ,ʌmbɪ'laɪkəs]
拉丁语，来自PIE*ombh, 肚脐，来自PIE*onobh的变体形式，词源同navel. 字母m,n音变，比较umpire.
- umbilicus (n.)
- "navel," 1610s, from Latin umbilicus "the navel," also "the center" of anything, from PIE *ombh-alo-, suffixed variant form of root *(o)nobh- "navel" (see navel). In English, mostly confined to medical writing. Latin umbilicus is source of Spanish ombligo as well as Old French lombril, literally "the navel," from l'ombril, which by dissimilation became Modern French nombril (12c.).
- 1. Occasionally, lymph nodes can be found in the vicinity of the umbilicus.
- 偶而, 脐周淋巴结可触及.
- 2. The uterus was palpable 2 finger - breadths below the umbilicus.
- 3. Large intestines popping out of the umbilicus in Chihuahuas are uncommon.
- 4. Moxibustion with Salt: This method is usually applied at the umbilicus.
- 隔盐 灸;多用于脐窝部施灸.
- 5. The redness of the umbilicus diminished gradually after the operation.
[ umbilicus 造句 ]