- vi. 回复；重提；返祖遗传；归还
- vt. 使回复原状
- n. 恢复原状者
- n. (Revert)人名；(西)雷韦特；(法)勒韦尔
CET6 TEM8 GRE
1、re- "back" + vert-.
2、字面含义：turn back, return.
- revert (v.)
- c. 1300, "to come to oneself again," from Old French revertir "return, change back," from Vulgar Latin *revertire, variant of Latin revertere "turn back, turn about; come back, return," from re- "back" (see re-) + vertere "to turn" (see versus). Of position or property from mid-15c.; application to customs and ideas is from 1610s.
- 1. Garden plants sometimes revert to type.
- 2. When it returns to shore, the life-jacket will deflate and revert to a harness.
- 3. They will revert to tilling the earth in an old-fashioned way.
- 4. Must he revert to Ellen always?
- 5. Peasants were allowed to adhere or revert to individual farming in Poland.
[ revert 造句 ]