CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1. in + her + it => 在她肚子里，那将来不就要“继承”吗？
- inherit: see hereditary
- inherit (v.)
- c. 1300, "to make (someone) an heir," from Old French enheriter "make heir, appoint as heir," from Late Latin inhereditare "to appoint as heir," from Latin in- "in" (see in- (2)) + hereditare "to inherit," from heres (genitive heredis) "heir" (see heredity). Sense of "receive inheritance" arose mid-14c.; original sense is retained in disinherit. Related: Inherited; inheriting.
- 1. Princess Alexandra was to inherit the title of Duchess of Fife.
- 2. The meek shall inherit the earth.
- 3. They are to inherit 100,000 US dollars.
- 4. He intended that his son should inherit his business.
- 5. In the event of his death, his daughter will inherit the money.
- 一旦他故去, 他的女儿将会继承这笔钱.
[ inherit 造句 ]