- n. 闪光；防水板；遮雨板
- adj. 闪烁的；闪光的
- flashing (adj.)
- 1540s, of light; present participle adjective from flash (v.).
- flashing (n.)
- 1791, "act of creating an artificial flood," verbal noun from flash (v.); also compare flash (n.2)). Meaning "indecent exposure" is by 1968 (see flasher). The meaning "strip of metal used in roofing, etc." is from 1782, earlier simply flash (1570s), but the sense connection is unclear and it might be an unrelated word.
- 1. The words "Good Luck" were flashing on the screen.
- 2. His mind kept flashing back to the previous night.
- 3. Some fog warning signs had been put up with flashing yellow lights.
- 4. She woke to find her dark room lit by flashing lights.
- 5. police cars with lights flashing and sirens blaring
[ flashing 造句 ]