- n. 储备，储存；自然保护区；预备队；缄默；[金融] 储备金
- vt. 储备；保留；预约
- vi. 预订
- n. (Reserve)人名；(法)勒塞尔夫
CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1. reserve a table：订一桌.
- reserve (v.)
- mid-14c., from Old French reserver "set aside, withhold" (12c.) and directly from Latin reservare "keep back, save up; retain, preserve," from re- "back" (see re-) + servare "to keep, save, preserve, protect" (see observe). Meaning "to book" is from 1935. Related: Reserved; reserving.
- reserve (n.)
- "something stored up," 1610s, from reserve (v.) or from French réserve, a Middle French back-formation from reserver. Meaning "self-imposed restraint on freedom of words or actions; habit of keeping back the feelings" is from 1650s.
- 1. The call-up of National Guard and reserve units begun in late August.
- 2. The subject is one which must be discussed with reserve.
- 3. The new proposal would create a reserve pool of cash.
- 4. Playing for the reserve team is a totally different kettle of fish.
- 5. These front-line defences are backed up by armoured units in reserve.
[ reserve 造句 ]