- n. 模仿，仿造；仿制品
- adj. 人造的，仿制的
CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
- imitation (n.)
- c. 1400, "emulation; act of copying," from Old French imitacion, from Latin imitationem (nominative imitatio) "a copying, imitation," from past participle stem of imitari "to copy, portray, imitate," from PIE *im-eto-, from root *aim- "copy" (cognates: Hittite himma- "imitation, substitute"). Meaning "an artificial likeness" is from c. 1600. As an adjective, from 1840.
- 1. He gave his imitation of Queen Elizabeth's royal wave.
- 2. It's not real leather; it's only an imitation.
- 那不是真皮, 只不过是仿制品.
- 3. Young children learn how to speak by imitation.
- 4. This is a real pearl, not an imitation.
- 这是真的珍珠, 不是仿制品.
- 5. The imitation hardly matches up to the original.
[ imitation 造句 ]