- adv. 因此；从而；这样；如此
- conj. 因此
- n. 乳香
CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
来自古英语 thus,因此，如此，来自 Proto-Germanic*thus,因此，来自 PIE*to,指示代词，词源 同 this,that.可能来自 this 的拼写变体，并产生词义和用法上的差别。
- thus: [OE] Thus is something of a mystery word. It presumably belongs to the family of words (that, there, etc) that go back to the prehistoric Germanic demonstrative base *tha-, but how its fits into the family tree is not clear. Its only close relative is Dutch dus ‘thus’.
- thus (adv.)
- Old English þus "in this way, as follows," related to þæt "that" and this; from Proto-Germanic *thus- (cognates: Old Saxon and Old Frisian thus, Middle Dutch and Dutch dus), from PIE *to-.
- 1. Thus far, the two prime ministers have achieved no concrete results.
- 2. He had thus far succeeded in fending off my conversational sallies.
- 3. Jimmy is adopted and thus unrelated to Beth by blood.
- 4. Thus spake the Lord Mackay of Ardbrecknish.
- 5. Thus, he aided reaction and thwarted progress.
[ thus 造句 ]