- vt. 询问；查究；问明
- vi. 询问；查究；询价
CET4 TEM4 IELTS CET6
- inquire (v.)
- late 13c., from Old French enquerre "ask, inquire about" (Modern French enquérir), from Vulgar Latin *inquaerere, from Latin in- "into" (see in- (2)) + quaerere "ask, seek" (see query (v.)). Respelled 14c. on Latin model, but half-Latinized enquire still persists. Related: Inquired; inquiring; inquiringly.
- 1. Inspectors were appointed to inquire into the affairs of the company.
- 2. Elsie called to inquire after my health.
- 3. You can inquire of your new neighbors where the post office is.
- 4. He went to the hospital to inquire about her.
- 5. We must inquire into the matter.
[ inquire 造句 ]