- memoir (n.)
- early 15c., "written record," from Anglo-French memorie "note, memorandum, something written to be kept in mind" (early 15c., Old French memoire), from Latin memoria (see memory). Meaning "person's written account of his life" is from 1670s.
- 1. She wrote a memoir of her stay in France.
- 2. He has just published a memoir in honour of his captain.
- 3. In 1858 he sent me a memoir on this subject.
- 4. That Sir Max reveals little about himself in this memoir hardly matters.
- 5. That volcanologist was busying with memoir after his retirement.
[ memoir 造句 ]