- n. 摘录，引用
- vt. 引用，摘录
- vi. 摘录，引用
CET6 TEM8 IELTS GRE 考 研
ex-, 向外。-cerp, 砍，切，词源同harvest, carpet, shear. 即切下来的一段，节选。
- excerpt: see scarce
- excerpt (v.)
- early 15c. (implied in excerpte), from Latin excerptus, past participle of excerpere "pluck out, pick out, extract," figuratively "choose, select, gather," also "to leave out, omit," from ex- "out" (see ex-) + carpere "pluck, gather," from PIE *kerp- "to gather, pluck, harvest" (see harvest (n.)). Related: Excerpted; excerpting.
- excerpt (n.)
- 1630s, from Latin excerptum "an extract, selection," noun use of neuter past participle of excerpere "to extract" (see excerpt (v.)). Related: excerpts.
- 1. The following excerpt is illustrative of her interaction with students.
- 2. This is an excerpt from a novel.
- 3. Can you excerpt something from the newspaper?
- 你能从报纸上选录些东西 吗 ?
- 4. You can excerpt passages from a book.
- 5. In the following excerpt, James describes the pragmatic theory of truth.
- 在下面选文中, 詹姆士阐述了实用主义的真理理论.
[ excerpt 造句 ]