- n. 专心工作的人；醉心于工作的人；为免遭辞退而工作过份卖力的人
- adj. 醉心于工作的
1、work + alcoholic.
- workaholic (n.)
- 1968, coined from work (n.) with second element abstracted absurdly from alcoholic. This sets up the old Rodney Dangerfield joke: "My old man was a workaholic: every time he thought about work, he got drunk."
- 1. He was by his own account an ambitious workaholic.
- 2. She is a self-confessed workaholic.
- 3. He seems as though he has turned into a real workaholic.
- 4. I'm really worried about Bob. He seems as though he has turned into a real workaholic.
- 你很担心Bob,因为他成了workaholic. Workaholic,那是什么意思?是不是Bob生病了?
- 5. Collins English Dictionary defines a workaholic as "a person obsessively addicted to work".
[ workaholic 造句 ]