CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
1、de- "down" + pict-.
de-, 向下。-pict, 画，词源同paint, picture. 即画，描绘。
- depict: see picture
- depict (v.)
- early 15c., from Latin depictus, past participle of depingere "to portray, paint, sketch; describe, imagine," from de- "down" (see de-) + pingere "to paint" (see paint (v.)). Related: Depicted; depicting.
- 1. The media depict him as a left-wing bogeyman.
- 2. The author tried to depict the splendor of the sunset.
- 3. Some nationalists would like to depict the British monarchy as a purely English institution.
- 4. Although we still depict nostalgic snow scenes on Christmas cards, winters are now very much warmer.
- 5. I don't care to see plays or films that depict murders or violence.
[ depict 造句 ]