- n. 门厅，休息室；大厅
- n. (Foyer)人名；(法)富瓦耶；(瑞典)福伊尔
1. foyer音“ for爷”→休息室是为爷准备的----爷爷年纪大了，应该专门为他准备一个休息室来多休息。
2. focus => foyer (原指有火炉的房间).
- foyer (n.)
- "lobby of a theater or opera house," 1859, from French foyer "green room, room for actors when not on stage," literally "fireplace," from Old French foier "furnace, stove, hearth, fireplace" (12c.), from Latin focarium, noun use of neuter of adjective focarius "having to do with the hearth," from focus "hearth, fireplace" (see focus (n.)).
- 1. Anne left Artie and walked down the corridor towards the foyer.
- 2. He got up and went out into the foyer.
- 3. We walked into the foyer.
- 4. I'll meet you in the foyer.
- 5. I went and waited in the foyer.
[ foyer 造句 ]