- adv. 极端地；非常地
- adj. 可憎的；可恶的
- int. 该死的
- vt. 咒骂
来自god-damned或dog on it的委婉语。
- doggone (adj.)
- 1851, American English, a "fantastic perversion of god-damned" [Weekley]. But Mencken favors the theory that it is "a blend form of dog on it; in fact it is still often used with it following. It is thus a brother to the old English phrase, 'a pox upon it,' but is considerably more decorous."
- 1. Where's the doggone key?
- 2. I'm trying to figure out where he got all those doggone black jokes.
- 3. Doggone ! Why did you beat my pet dog?
- 混 蛋,你为什么打我的爱犬?
- 4. That was a doggone insult.
- 5. I got another doggone traffic ticket.
[ doggone 造句 ]