英 美 ['mɛzməraɪz]
TEM8 GRE TOEFL
来自19世纪奥地利医生Franz Anton Mesmer,因他发明了一种催眠术而得名。字面意思即使催眠的，引申词义迷住，着迷。
- mesmerize:  Franz Anton Mesmer (1734– 1815) was an Austrian doctor whose experiments with what he called ‘animal magnetism’, by which he induced a trance-like state in his subjects, are considered to be the forerunner of modern hypnotism (formerly called mesmerism ). The broader sense of mesmerize, ‘enthral’, dates from the early 20th century.
- mesmerize (v.)
- 1829, back-formation from mesmerism. Transferred sense of "enthrall" is first attested 1862. Related: Mesmerized; mesmerizing.
- 1. He could mesmerize an audience by the sheer force of his presence.
- 2. You shouldn't mesmerize anyone who's drinking.
- 3. You can mesmerize anyone you meet with your cultured attitude and outlook.
- 4. Illusionist : Convincing Regalia - Mesmerize effect can now affect Epic targets.
- Illu:ConvincingRegalia 造成的催眠效果将能作用在Epic级目标上.
- 5. Illusionist : Sleep - Mesmerize effect can now affect Epic targets.
- Illu:Sleep 造成的催眠效果将能作用在Epic级目标上.
[ mesmerize 造句 ]