- n. 金银丝细工；金银丝工艺品
- vt. 用金银丝细工饰品装饰
- adj. 饰有金银丝细工的
fili, 丝，线，同filament. gree, 纹理，同grain.
- filigree:  Etymologically, filigree describes very accurately how filigree was originally made: it was delicate ornamental work constructed from threads (Latin filum) and beads (Latin grānum ‘grain, seed’). The Italian descendants of these two Latin words were combined to form filigrana, which passed into English via French as filigrane. This gradually metamorphosed through filigreen to filigree.
=> file, grain
- filigree (n.)
- 1690s, shortening of filigreen (1660s), from French filigrane "filigree" (17c.), from Italian filigrana, from Latin filum "thread, wire" (see file (v.1)) + granum "grain" (see corn (n.1)). Related: Filigreed.
- 1. The filigree, presumably by virtue of these fields, completely alters the structure of the granulation.
- 大概是由于这些磁场的作用, 精细网络完全改变了米粒组织的结构.
- 2. The blue sandstone face contrast the stainless steel filigree and case.
- 3. Mithril filigree has a slightly reduced range that it gives skillups.
- 4. The frost made a beautiful filigree on the window pane.
- 5. They were mounted in gold filigree settings.
[ filigree 造句 ]