- vt. 反驳；揭露；拒绝
- vi. 反驳；揭露
- n. 驳回；提出反证
- n. (Rebut)人名；(法)勒比；(英)雷巴特
- rebut (v.)
- c. 1300, "to thrust back," from Old French reboter, rebuter "to thrust back," from re- "back" (see re-) + boter "to thrust, hit" (see butt (v.)). Legalese sense of "try to disprove, refute by evidence or argument" is from 1817. Related: Rebutted; rebutting.
- 1. He attempts to rebut the assertion made by the prosecution witness.
- 2. He attempted to rebut the assertions made by the prosecution witness.
- 3. This open letter is to rebut the argument of abstractionism.
- 4. It is better for the present not to rebut his scheme.
- 5. He rebut the argument of the other team In a debate.
[ rebut 造句 ]