- n. （军乐中与鼓同奏的）横笛
- vi. 吹横笛
- vt. 用横笛吹奏
- n. (Fife)人名；(意、葡)菲费；(英)法伊夫
- fife (n.)
- 1550s, from German Pfeife "fife, pipe," ultimately from Old High German pfifa; the English word is perhaps via Middle French fifre (15c.) from the same Old High German word. Imitative. German musicians provided music for most European courts in those days. As a verb from 1590s. Agent noun fifer is recorded earlier (1530s). Fife and drum is from 1670s.
- 1. Princess Alexandra was to inherit the title of Duchess of Fife.
- 2. And there it ends -- everywhere, that is, except in Fife, the seagirt peninsula north of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- 愚人节在4月1日正午正式结束 -- 在世界各地都是如此, 只有一个地方例外, 那就是位于苏格兰爱丁堡北部被海水包围的法夫半岛.
- 3. Feeling good about yourselfis essential to feeling good about fife.
- 4. Everyone could see the way Fife wanted to play the game.
- 5. Macbeth had entertained a jealousy of Macduff, the thane of Fife.
- 麦克白对麦克德夫 —— 伐夫地区的大乡绅一直心存妒意.
[ fife 造句 ]