CET4 考 研 CET6
1. in- + tens- + -e.
3. 含义：the state that have stretched on sth, description the state of sth that have stretched.
5. => 剧烈的，强烈的；紧张的；热烈的。
6. intense + -ity => intensity.
- intensity (n.)
- formed in English 1660s from intense + -ity. Earlier was intenseness (1610s). Sense of "extreme depth of feeling" first recorded 1830.
- 1. The most visible sign of the intensity of the crisis is unemployment.
- 2. His intensity and the ferocity of his feelings alarmed me.
- 3. He was watching her with an intensity that was unnerving.
- 4. I didn't realize the intensity of people's feelings on this issue.
- 5. The intensity of the explosion is recorded on the charred tree trunks.
[ intensity 造句 ]