来自梵语，来自PIE*skai, 照耀，闪光，词源同shine. 因猎豹身上闪耀的黑斑而得名。
- cheetah (n.)
- 1704, from Hindi chita "leopard," from Sanskrit chitraka "hunting leopard, tiger," literally "speckled," from chitra-s "distinctively marked, variegated, many-colored, bright, clear" (from PIE *kit-ro-, from root *(s)kai- (1) "bright, shining;" see shine (v.)) + kayah "body," from PIE *kwei- "to build, make" (see poet).
- 1. The cheetah is generally credited as the world's fastest animal.
- 2. The cheetah can attain speeds of up to 97 kph.
- 3. In the absence of cheetah, the pronghorn appears "overbuilt" for its environment today.
- 4. First, you show up on my cheetah hunt.
- 首先, 你在我抓猎豹的时候就出现了.
- 5. Not even a swarm of flies disturbs a cheetah's after - dinner catnap.
[ cheetah 造句 ]