- tamp (v.)
- 1819, "to fill (a hole containing an explosive) with dirt or clay before blasting," a workmen's word, perhaps a back-formation from tampion, that word being mistaken as a present participle (*tamping).
- 1. Then I tamp down the soil with the back of a rake.
- 2. Tamp the coffee grinds in the container to make espresso.
- 3. Now, China wants to tamp such nationalism down.
- 现在, 中国希望压制民族主义.
- 4. The first step is to set up programs in order to tamp the development foundation.
- 5. But the Chinese government also appears to trying to tamp down interest in the case.
[ tamp 造句 ]