来自空军，原指飞艇设计模式，A-rigid, 硬型A。B-limp, 软型B。
- blimp:  The original blimp was a sort of small non-rigid military airship used in World War I. Its name is said to have come from its official designation as ‘type B (limp)’ (as opposed to ‘type A (rigid)’). Its rotund flaccidity suggested it in 1934 to the cartoonist David Low (1891– 1963) as a name for a character he had invented, a fat pompous ex-army officer (in full, Colonel Blimp) who was always cholerically airing reactionary views. The British public evidently recognized the character as an all too common type, and his name became a generic one, to the extent of inspiring spin-offs such as blimpish.
- blimp (n.)
- 1916, of obscure origin, many claimants. "One of the weird coinages of the airmen" [Weekley]. Common theory is that it is from designers' prototype nickname Type B-limp, in the sense of "without internal framework," as opposed to Type A-rigid; thus see limp (adj.).
- 1. The nonrigid helium - filled Blimp was principally developed by Alberto Santos - Dumont ( 1873 - 1932 ) .
- 软式充填氦气的飞船主要是由桑托斯- 杜蒙特 发展改进.
- 2. The gray oval is a blimp.
- 3. Scientists in the blimp did not see anything.
- 4. Have a blimp! See you next summer.
- 祝你走运! 明年夏天再见.
- 5. A : Man, look at that blimp! His forearms are almost twice the size of my thighs.
- 老兄, 你看那个超级大胖子! 他的前手臂几乎是我大腿的两倍粗.
[ blimp 造句 ]