- vi. 倾倒；倒塌；摇摇欲坠
- vt. 推翻；颠覆；使倒塌
- n. (Topple)人名；(英)托佩尔
CET6+ TEM4 IELTS GRE
- topple: see top
- topple (v.)
- 1580s, "tumble down, fall headfirst," earlier "tumble or roll about" (1540s), from top (v.) "to tip" + frequentative suffix -le. Transitive sense also is from 1590s. Related: Toppled; toppling.
- 1. The action seemed a clumsy attempt to topple the Janata Dal government.
- 2. The tree is so badly damaged they are worried it might topple over.
- 3. The general is accused of conniving in a plot to topple the government.
- 4. He slapped his knee and began to topple from his seat.
- 5. This scandal could topple the government.
[ topple 造句 ]