- hydrolysis (n.)
- "chemical decomposition by water," 1880, formed in English from hydro- + Greek lysis "a loosening, a dissolution," from lyein "to loosen, dissolve" (see lose).
- 1. Several aminopeptidases complete the hydrolysis of peptides into amino acids.
- 2. The mechanisms of sorption - catalyzed organophosphate hydrolysis are not well understood.
- 3. Hydrolysis of polymers if often catalyzed by traces of acids or bases.
- 4. The detention time in the intestine is too short to complete hydrolysis.
- 5. On hydrolysis carbon dioxide is evolved.
[ hydrolysis 造句 ]