- necropolis (n.)
- "large cemetery" of an ancient or modern city, 1803, from Late Latin, literally "city of the dead," from Greek Nekropolis, a burial place near Alexandria, from nekros (see necro-) + polis "city" (see polis).
- 1. The necropolis was located on a hill outside the city of Rome.
- 2. On the battlefield, Necropolis troops are generally weaker than their opponents.
- 在战场上, 亡灵部队一般都要比它们的敌人弱小.
- 3. It was then that they discovered the second century necropolis.
- 4. You'll see this big necropolis floating above Eastern Plaguelands.
- 5. Perhaps originally a sanctuary, it became a necropolis in prehistoric times.
- 这座地下宫殿可能曾是避难所, 但从史前时期起成为了大墓地.
[ necropolis 造句 ]