- vt. 仿真；模仿；尽力赶上；同…竞争
- n. 仿真；仿效
CET6+ TEM8 GRE
- emulate: see imitate
- emulate (v.)
- 1580s, back-formation from emulation, or else from Latin aemulatus, past participle of aemulari "to rival." Related: Emulated; emulating; emulable; emulative.
- 1. Sons are traditionally expected to emulate their fathers.
- 2. She hopes to emulate her sister's sporting achievements.
- 3. You must work hard to emulate your sister.
- 4. Teenagers are very sequacious and they often emulate the behavior of their idols.
- 5. You must work hard to emulate your brogher's success.
[ emulate 造句 ]