- n. 水坑；污水坑；机油箱
- vi. 挖深（渠道，井筒等）
来自低地德语 sump,沼泽，来自 Proto-Germanic*sumpaz,沼泽，词源同 swamp.后引申现代词 义集水坑，集油槽。
- sump (n.)
- mid-15c., "marsh, morass" (from mid-13c. in place names), from Middle Dutch somp or Middle Low German sump, from Proto-Germanic *sumpaz, from PIE *swombho- "spongy." Meaning "pit to collect water" is first found 1650s. Sump-pump (1884) originally was in mining.
- 1. An attempt was then made to dive the sump.
- 2. The lower portion of the disc is submerged within an oil sump.
- 3. The damaged sump spouted dirty oil.
- 4. The acid waste waters are discharged into a sump or the sewerage system.
- 5. Objective To sump up and extend COX regression model with categorical variables.
[ sump 造句 ]