subter-,更下，来自 sub-,在下，-ter,比较级后缀，-fug,逃跑，词源同 fugitive,refuge.引申比喻 义偷跑，诡计，欺骗等。
- subterfuge (n.)
- 1570s, from Middle French subterfuge (14c.) or directly from Medieval Latin subterfugium "an evasion," from Latin subterfugere "to evade, escape, flee by stealth," from subter "beneath, below;" in compounds "secretly" (from PIE *sup-ter-, suffixed (comparative) form of *(s)up-; see sub-) + fugere "flee" (see fugitive (adj.)).
- 1. The party has predictably rejected the proposals as a subterfuge.
- 2. Most people can see right through that type of subterfuge.
- 3. European carping over the phraseology represented a mixture of hypocrisy and subterfuge.
- 4. The Independents tried hard to swallow the wretched subterfuge.
- 5. The Lurker focuses on spies, cloaks and subterfuge to devastate opponents.
- 潜行者专注于使用间谍, 掩饰,和诡计去摧毁敌人.
[ subterfuge 造句 ]