- submissive (adj.)
- 1580s, "inclined to submit, yielding to authority," from Latin submiss-, past participle stem of submittere (see submission) + -ive. Masochistic sexual sense is attested by 1969. As a noun in this sense, by 1985. Related: Submissively; submissiveness.
- 1. Most doctors want their patients to be submissive.
- 2. He expected his daughters to be meek and submissive.
- 3. Their early training programmes them to be obedient and submissive.
- 4. He expects his wife to be meek and submissive.
- 5. " As long as Hung - chien thinks she's submissive,'said Tun - weng , " it's all right.
- 遯 翁道: “ 只要鸿 渐 觉得她柔顺, 就好了.
来自汉英文学 - 围城
[ submissive 造句 ]