1、sem-, sin- "one" + cer-(-cerus), from stem/root of crescere "grow" + -ity.
2、字面含义："of one growth" (i.e. "not hybrid, unmixed").
- sincerity (n.)
- early 15c., "honesty, genuineness," from Middle French sinceritie (early 16c., Modern French sincérité) and directly from Latin sinceritatem (nominative sinceritas) "purity, soundness, wholeness," from sincerus "whole, clean, uninjured," figuratively "sound, genuine, pure, true, candid, truthful" (see sincere).
- 1. Nobody that I spoke to doubted his sincerity as a politician.
- 2. There was no mistaking Magda's sincerity, or her pain.
- 3. The film is made with sincerity.
- 4. I was impressed with his deep sincerity.
- 5. the artless sincerity of a young child
[ sincerity 造句 ]