- n. 左撇子；用左手投球的投手
- adj. 用左手的
- southpaw (n.)
- "lefthander," 1885, originally baseball slang, of pitchers, often said to have been coined by Finley Peter Dunne ("Mr. Dooley"), Chicago sports journalist and humorist, in the days when, it is said, baseball diamonds regularly were laid out with home plate to the west. But south paw "a person's left hand" is attested from 1848 in the slang of pugilism.
- 1. They have a southpaw on the mound.
- 2. Their pitcher was a southpaw.
- 3. Quintana is a crafty southpaw with good skills and is by no means a walk - over.
- 昆塔纳是个技术出色的狡猾的 左撇子,绝非等闲之辈.
[ southpaw 造句 ]